PigsOnTheWing
Bit poster
Hello! I've got a problem that just popped up out of nowhere. I'm running the latest version of Parallels under Leopard. No problems until today. I'm now getting an error message that says:
I actually started out today (and ran Windows XP successfully this morning) with a .hdd file named winxp.hdd. I already tried the method where I was supposed to look inside of the package contents for a lock file and remove it. I had no such file to remove.
I then used a second method which stated I should open the package contents for winxp.hdd, remove the .hds file, rename it to windows.hdd, and then edit my virtual machine settings to point to the new hard disk, and then allow Parallels to convert the file to a new format.
All well and good, I suppose, but when I attempt to start Parallels with the new drive, I get the same message about windows.hdd being used by another application. I've looked inside of its package, and, of course, there is no lock file in there either.
Please tell me I'm not screwed. I don't have a backup of this drive.
Thanks!
Virtural machine cannot be started because of the following problem:
Parallels Desktop is unable to access the virtual hard disk image file /Users/ ... /Documents/Parallels/Windows XP/windows.hdd. The file is used by other application.
I actually started out today (and ran Windows XP successfully this morning) with a .hdd file named winxp.hdd. I already tried the method where I was supposed to look inside of the package contents for a lock file and remove it. I had no such file to remove.
I then used a second method which stated I should open the package contents for winxp.hdd, remove the .hds file, rename it to windows.hdd, and then edit my virtual machine settings to point to the new hard disk, and then allow Parallels to convert the file to a new format.
All well and good, I suppose, but when I attempt to start Parallels with the new drive, I get the same message about windows.hdd being used by another application. I've looked inside of its package, and, of course, there is no lock file in there either.
Please tell me I'm not screwed. I don't have a backup of this drive.
Thanks!