The new hide menu icons is awful

Discussion in 'Parallels Toolbox Feature Suggestions' started by jvh, Jul 30, 2021.

1. jvh

jvh Member

How can I switch back to the old one pls, giving me back the 2 separate bars ?
    The new one is now MUCH too large to show all my menu items, the old appearance gave me the opportunity to have 2 times half of them displayed.

JakubS2 and Bertrand like this.
  2. Bertrand

Bertrand Member

I totally aggry with you. Please give us back the 2 separate bars. The main merit of the old Hide Menu Icons was to enable the display of a large number of icons by splitting them among two bars. The new version is just meaningless.
    Would it be for instance possible to slide the menu bar left <-> right, so that ones can display the hidden icons when needed? This would be much better than what is done in this new version. If this is not possible due to macOS limitations, please revert to the old version (or at least, give the choice)

EugeneK4 likes this.
  3. EugeneK4

EugeneK4 Bit poster

Agreed. The new version is mostly useless. There is no way to display extra icons in the presence of wide application menus. In fact even the icon of the utility itself becomes inaccessible, unless the always-displayed set of icons is small. Looks like a rushed "improvement" job. Disappointing.

4. SandyG1

SandyG1 Member

Agree. Parallels got this seriously wrong and need to revert to the old and true hidden menu. So if the open window/application has numerous menu options I am not able to view all my hidden icons when the hidden menu appears in the toolbar as there is no real estate on the menu bar to display. The only way to find the icon is to change the open window....not productive at all and a big pain in the neck.

5. StevenE2

StevenE2 Bit poster

I agree 100%. The new version of hide menu icons is awful. Please revert back to the previous version. Or provide the option to choose.

6. jvh

jvh Member

I switched to "Bartender" Menu Manager, abandoning the useless Parallels Toolbox Hide Menu feature ...

EugeneK4 likes this.
  7. EugeneK4

EugeneK4 Bit poster

Also to... er... add injury to the insult... the latest version of app rearranges top bar items... So it knows better than me how I want my items arranged?! For me the app is worse than useless in its current version.

8. StevenE2

StevenE2 Bit poster

Thanks for sharing. I downloaded the trial to check out some of the features. Super customizable and works great on the smaller laptop screen. Thanks!

EugeneK4 likes this.
  9. SandyG1

SandyG1 Member

Parallels...when are you going to update this horrendous tool. My menu doesn't even reflect the settings made within preferences. Absolute rubbish.