Hello,
I'm running a VM which encrypts its volume. As such, I only want to take snapshots when the machine is either shut down or hibernating, in order to ensure that no sensitive data from primary memory (RAM) is captured in the snapshot. Otherwise it would kind of defeat the purpose of encrypting the volume in the first place, since the volume keys (among other things) are probably retrievable from the primary memory snapshot.
Note that encryption is done by the guest, not the host, so Parallels doesn't have an opportunity to encrypt primary memory data as well (if it even does that normally).
My problem is that SmartGuard triggers seemingly randomly during the day (it's most certainly not random, but I haven't tried to determine the exact time), and because of that I have to more or less guess when SmartGuard will take the snapshot and shutdown the machine in time. If I don't, I have to skip the snapshot and guess again.
Thanks
I'm running a VM which encrypts its volume. As such, I only want to take snapshots when the machine is either shut down or hibernating, in order to ensure that no sensitive data from primary memory (RAM) is captured in the snapshot. Otherwise it would kind of defeat the purpose of encrypting the volume in the first place, since the volume keys (among other things) are probably retrievable from the primary memory snapshot.
Note that encryption is done by the guest, not the host, so Parallels doesn't have an opportunity to encrypt primary memory data as well (if it even does that normally).
My problem is that SmartGuard triggers seemingly randomly during the day (it's most certainly not random, but I haven't tried to determine the exact time), and because of that I have to more or less guess when SmartGuard will take the snapshot and shutdown the machine in time. If I don't, I have to skip the snapshot and guess again.
Thanks