The virtual machine is not available.

Discussion in 'Parallels Website and Forum' started by Jose M, May 10, 2012.

1. Jose M

Jose M Bit poster

I have problems loading the virtual machine. It gives me this error.

The virtual machine's files have been moved or deleted. If the files are on an external device, reconnect the device. You can also remove the virtual machine from the list or manually locate its files.

It gives me three options; cancel, remove, or locate.

I have use the locate option. It gives me a parallel folder with no file. The cancel option is just that. The remove option I don't want to use because it may have catastrophic results. I use only parallel to run two applications that runs in windows and not in Mac-Microsoft Access and Peachtree. I have important information and the software in the virtual machine.

How can I go back to the same state I was before. It seems to me that these files were deleted by mistake and they could be on the TRASH. But I don't know what they are.

I am up to date with parallel. Running 7

2. Jose M

Jose M Bit poster

Forgot to state that an automatic upgrade was done to windows 7 and this may have cause the problem, too.

3. chamutale

chamutale Bit poster

i have exactly the same problem! I hope support will support soon...

i have exactly the same problem! I hope support will support soon...

4. Jose M

Jose M Bit poster

Problem solve on my side.

I solve my problem by accident. If your is the same as mine, you can do this. Go the the finder program and click all my files. Look for a file that is name after the name of the machine you set Up. In my case is JLM windows7.pvm. I don't remember if it was single or double click, but try to run this file. And wola, you will get your virtual machine up with all your programs and file.