"The virtual machine processor was reset by the operating system" - Mac OS VM

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by JulianP2, Jun 19, 2020.

1. JulianP2

JulianP2 Bit poster

I've seen many mentions of this problem with a Windows VM, but none with Mac OS - and the solution only applies to Windows VMs.

My Mac OS 10.11 Vm was running fine under Parallels Desktop 11, but I've just upgraded to PD15, installed Parallels Tools for that VM and got the error as soon as the VM restarted. Has anyone found a solution yet? I'll need to revert to PD11, if not.

(A Windows 10 VM is unaffected, post-upgrade, btw.)

2. JulianP2

JulianP2 Bit poster

Edit: It appears that kernel.report_hibernate=0 fix also applies to Mac OS (text on that page notwithstanding), but it's not working for me.

3. JulianP2

JulianP2 Bit poster

After a little tinkering, this this problem occurred when Parallel Tools 15 was installed post-PD15 upgrade. I've restored an earlier VM snapshot and installed PT15 again and everything is - so far - working normally.

Maria@Parallels likes this.
  4. FredW8

FredW8 Bit poster

I am having the same problem: PD17 running a Mojave VM. My iMac shut down suddenly and now when I try to start the VM I am stuck in a loop with the "The virtual machine processor was reset by the operating system" message. Tried added the boot flag as mentioned but no joy. Open to any suggestions.

5. FredW8

FredW8 Bit poster

I tried reverting to a snapshot and the VM came up but as soon as I tried to restart it it, I am again stuck in the loop.