"There's not enough disk space...'

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by CaryJ, Nov 11, 2022.

1. CaryJ

CaryJ Bit poster

Hey, folks.
    I keep getting this error: "There's not enough disk space available to start 'Windows 11'."
    I was screen recording, ran out of storage on my Mac, and the Windows VM wouldn't load. I cleared up 500 GB (I'd been recording a while) and the VM is still saying that I don't have enough room to load Windows 11.

Not sure if there's some way to fix it, but I thought I'd reach out here. I even made a new VM and launched it, installed my games, updated everything, and the old VM still says there's not enough room to load.

I've included a screenshot, if that helps.
    M1 Max MacBook Pro, 14-inch
    64gb RAM, 1 TB storage
    MacOS Ventura 13.0.1

Attached Files:

2. CaryJ

CaryJ Bit poster

Update: instead of deleting my originally post, I'm sharing how I found a solution. Turns out, I had 500-ish GB in "purgeable data". You can find your purgeable data number by finding your Macintosh HD, right-clicking, selecting "Get Info', and seeing what it states there. I downloaded "Clean My Mac X" for free, ran the maintenance tab, and it fixed it. VM is back to booting up no problem.

From what I understand, MacOS would have eventually purged this data, but I'm not sure how long it would have taken to eventually get to it.

Thanks, folks.

3. Aries@PF

Aries@PF Hunter

It would have purged it eventually (maybe even after a simple reboot), but I'd be cautious when using utilities. CleanMyMac should be 'ok', but stay Far away from MacKeeper as I'm 100% sure it's malware.

4. CaryJ

CaryJ Bit poster

I agree, but it had been 24 hours with several restarts and reboots without any of it purging, so I needed to happen sooner than later. I appreciate the feedback about MacKeeper!