This copy of parallels desktop is already registered to another user account

Matrisen

Bit poster
Hi!

I need some help here. A while back I bought a copy of Parallels 6.
Today I installed it on OS X Lion to use with my new WIn 7 64-bit license that is installed through Boot Camp.
What is strange and VERY irritating is that I'm asked to register but when I try to do so I get a message that "This copy of parallels desktop is already registered to another user account". This simply cannot be true. I just open the box and installed it and I can't remember registering during the installation process.
What kind of software/vendor is this?
I'm very disappointed this far...this is what we get from BUYING software to use it legally.

Hope someone can help me!
 
It has now been 10 days and no one seem to be able to answer how I might solve this issue. Not sure how to contact Parallels Support without being able to register my license first...chicken and the egg. To add to this I have not even managed to register this version 6 before they release a new version where they ask 50 dollars for an upgrade. I'm so happy now...
 
You are given a serial number with each version or upgrade specific to you. I believe that when you first install Parallels, you input the serial number. So, you can't use a V7 serial if you only have a V6 serial, etc.

Since you are getting this message, it knows that you're serial is in use, because it you already used it once before. You don't remember it asking you for it, but it did. "Registering" the software is optional I think. It's all about the serial number. Once entered it goes out to the Parallels server to see if it's in use already, and yours is... BY YOU. I've never uninstalled/reinstalled it, so I don't know how it works for sure. But i'd guess somewhere you have to deactivate it first before reinstalling. Perhaps if you do have to register it, you have an account at Parallels.com that keeps track of your active installations. I seem to think that is the case, because when I purchase upgrades, my info is listed in my User Account. If you're not done ANY of that, then you should. It's either that or....

...you're using a cracked copy of Parallels with a cracked serial number... and were foolish enough to post in the forum!

Best of luck,

jason
 
Back
Top