This license key is already registered in a different account

Discussion in 'Licensing and Activation' started by RaulC4, Apr 7, 2024.

1. RaulC4

RaulC4 Bit poster

Hello support,
    I was just checking my information and tried to sign into the app. Once signed in it asked me to provide my activation key.
    That took a while to find, and logging into the online portal, the key was not present there either. Trying to register it I get the following error "This license key is already registered in a different account.".

Please help.

2. RaulC4

RaulC4 Bit poster

Hey, can you please let me know what your support email is? I do not use facebook or twitter, and I don't seem to get any response here...

3. PeterP56

PeterP56 Bit poster

Hello I have the same problem, trying to activate the program and I get the same message, no email contact, and I dont have facebook neither twitter, cant get support and I need the software to work! Pain

4. Avinash Bundhoo

Avinash Bundhoo Staff Member

Hello,
    We are sorry about your experience.
    We have sent you a private message, please check it and provide us with the requested information.
    Best regards!

5. PeterP56

PeterP56 Bit poster

Hello I did not see any private message, there is no messages in my INBOX Thank you

6. PeterP56

PeterP56 Bit poster

Raul Hi, did you get any reply from Parallels? I did not, I dont understand, how they dont reply and that we cant get in touche with parallels

7. PeterP56

PeterP56 Bit poster

Avinash Hello, I need to use the software quite urgently, can you call me or we can chat??? Thank you

8. Avinash Bundhoo

Hello Peter,
    Sorry for the inconvenience caused. Must have been some issues.
    Please check again you inbox and please provide the requested information.

I have resend the message to your inbox

Thanks

9. oralg

oralg Bit poster

I purchased Parallels from OWC, however, after installing and trying to register it says "This license key is already registered in a different account.".

Attached Files:

10. Ashley Chumun

Ashley Chumun Staff Member

Hello @oralg
    Thank you for the provided feedback.
    We have sent you a private message, please check it and provide us with the requested information.
    Best regards!

11. oralg

oralg Bit poster

I purchased Parallels from OWC, however, after installing and trying to register it says "This license key is already registered in a different account.". I managed to get the license key transferred (the email address was not ours), however, now the key says expired. When you purchase Parallels from OWC, does the key expire if you don't use it for a while? You lose it if you don't use?

12. AndrewE11

AndrewE11 Bit poster

I'm having the same issue. Trying to register the product key and getting "This license key is already registered in a different account.". If I go to the "manage my subscriptions" link in the Cleverbridge email all it gives me is an option to cancel my subscription.

It is crazy this is the only support method for when you have an issue with the registration of the product, waiting on a community forum, especially after you've paid for the product especially if you don't use social services such as Facebook or X/Twitter. Why should I have to sign up for these to get support on a product???

13. ChizaB

ChizaB Bit poster

I am having this issue also. Please contact me as soon as possible to address this issue. I use Parallels for work.

14. oralg

oralg Bit poster

The software industry today is plagued by corruption, fraud, and scams. Frequently, customers do not receive the quality they paid for, and support is nearly impossible to reach because many companies deliberately operate with insufficient staffing. This leaves users stranded without the help they need. Unfortunately, our government does not provide any assistance, as there are no minimum standards or codes of conduct that these companies are required to follow.

15. Avinash Bundhoo

Hello Andrew,

Also, in order to obtain phone/chat support, kindly follow the below steps:
    1. Sign in to your Parallels account using the link: https://my.myparallels.com/login .
    Make sure your Parallels Desktop license is registered.
    2. Go to the Support page. ( https://my.parallels.com/support/ )
    3. Select your product and the category of your question.
    Enter a short issue description or key words into the search box.
    4. If you don't find the solution you are looking for, click "Request Support" and proceed to the Support contact options.
    Note: Parallels Desktop support is only provided in English.
    Thanks
    Best regards!

16. AndrewE11

AndrewE11 Bit poster

@Avinash Bundhoo - Thanks for replying.

2 things:
    1. Where does this "private message" go to or appear? I have nothing notifying me in my Forums profile or in my personal email address attached to the profile.
    2. Also you advise to obtain support follow the steps below where one of them is "Make sure your Parallels Desktop license is registered.". This is the EXACT problem I'm having is trying to register my license, so how am I meant to get access to support if I can't do this??? I had followed the process and the ONLY support option available to me because I can't register after going through those steps is X/Twitter, Facebook (neither of which I use) or this forum.

[
    QUOTE="Avinash Bundhoo, post: 929572, member: 6805392"]Hello Andrew,

Also, in order to obtain phone/chat support, kindly follow the below steps:
    1. Sign in to your Parallels account using the link: https://my.myparallels.com/login .
    Make sure your Parallels Desktop license is registered.
    2. Go to the Support page. ( https://my.parallels.com/support/ )
    3. Select your product and the category of your question.
    Enter a short issue description or key words into the search box.
    4. If you don't find the solution you are looking for, click "Request Support" and proceed to the Support contact options.
    Note: Parallels Desktop support is only provided in English.
    Thanks
    Best regards![/QUOTE]

17. Avinash Bundhoo

Hello Andrew,

Please check the message in you inbox on Forums itself.

We have sent to you again a message to provide more information

Thanks

18. Avinash Bundhoo

[/QUOTE]
    Hello,
    Your license key *****-4XFEQS is registered under the account gjdjc****@****.a***.c**
    Please login Parallels Desktop with this account.
    Thanks

19. SaverioS

SaverioS Bit poster

Same problem... i don't have facebook or Twitter. Can someone help me?

20. BradleyB7

BradleyB7 Bit poster

I am also having this issue.
    I am trying to activate a current license on a new Mac and I am receiving the error: "This license key is associated with another Parallels account."

Please get back to me as soon as possible. I also only see options for support via Facebook, Twitter, and this forum. But, from your documentation I should be seeing phone, email, or chat options.