Transferring text directly from the virtual platform to the guest platform

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by Aroundtown, Jul 17, 2006.

1. Aroundtown

Aroundtown Bit poster

I've been devoted to a Mac for a few years now, but I recently had to switch back to Windows because of its far superior voice recognition software. (I was recently disabled, and now rely on voice recognition to type.)

If I were to buy a new Mac and use my Dragon NaturallySpeaking professional software (the Windows voice recognition program) via Parallels, does anyone know if I would be able to use that to type directly into a Macintosh program? I understand that I could stay within the virtual Windows platform or do separate tasks on the Mac platform, but I'm not sure if I would be able to transfer the information gathered by the Windows program into a Mac program. I guess a related question is, if I cut/copy something in the virtual Windows platform, can I paste it into the Mac platform?

If I'm able to do this, it would mean I could finally switch back to a Mac. Thanks in advance!

2. Olivier

Olivier Forum Maven

Yes you can. Both ways. You won't have any automated mechanism to take some text input on the Windows side and paste it to the Mac side, but doing it yourself (CTRL-C or CTRL-X on Windows-side and Apple-V on the Mac-side) works nicely. The reverse is true too.