Transferring to new Mac not working

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by WilliamW12, Dec 20, 2020.

1. WilliamW12

WilliamW12 Bit poster

I've been having some issues lately and the Parallels Twitter and Messenger people aren't responding, so I thought I'd try the forum. I just got a new MacBook and am attempting to follow the instructions at this link - https://kb.parallels.com/123461 - to do so, but signing out on my current Mac didn't allow me to activate it on my new one. I followed the instructions to the letter, as I understand them, but failed to successfully transfer the license.

First, I signed out of Parallels on my current Mac. Then, I deleted it. Next, I tried to activate the license on the new Mac. It brought up the pop-up asking if I wanted to Activate on This Mac or Buy License that the article shows. I hit Activate on This Mac at this point. The article says that, even if I'm still signed in and the license is still active on the old Mac, all of that should be overridden. However, this isn't what happened. Instead, I got another pop-up saying, Unable to confirm the product license, contrary to what the article says should happen. Any help in getting this resolved would be greatly appreciated!