Transporter Agent selects all files

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by JeanD2, Mar 16, 2016.

1. JeanD2

JeanD2 Bit poster

Hello,

I'm currently trying to migrate my windows to my mac with an external hard drive.
    But I have a problem when doing it. I just want to migrate my Windows apps but even if I say 'yes' when it asks if I migrated the documents, it selects every single file on my Windows (it says I need 600Gb empty space)

Is there any way to migrate only windows apps (the best would be to only migrate the OS)

2. Manu@Parallels

Manu@Parallels Guest

Hi JeanD2,
    Please follow steps suggested below to migrate Windows and applications alone.
    1.Connect an external storage device to your Windows PC.
    2.In the Windows PC, open Parallels Transporter Agent by clicking the Start menu and selecting All Programs > Parallels > Parallels Transporter Agent.
    3.Click the external storage device icon.
    4.Click Next. Parallels Transporter Agent will collect information about the Windows PC.
    5.If you don't want to log in to Windows automatically whenever you start up, select "Do not enable Automatic Logon". Then click Next.
    6.Choose whether you want to migrate all your files and data or only Windows applications. Then click Next.
    7.Choose where you want to store your data. You can also click Customize and select which Windows volumes to migrate. Then click Next.
    Also please refer to this link to learn more about the migration.