Transporter "almost" works

Discussion in 'Parallels Transporter' started by suntimc, Feb 26, 2007.

1. suntimc

suntimc Bit poster

I'm using it to import locally from a VMware image. The image has Win2k3 on it.

Transporter imports the image without complaints. The image boots (yes!).

However... after first login, a CMD.exe window pops up with what appear to be instructions from Transporter telling me that the windows PnP will try to find a few device drivers and reboot and that I should "cancel" everything and not allow it.

I "cancel" per the instructions and the CMD.exe window proceeds to do something (it doesn't tell me exactly what it's doing so I'm in the dark on this) and then restarts the machine.

Once the machine reboots and I log in, I get a flat grey screen -- no desktop. The desktop *was* working before this process updating the config. I've searched for documents on Transporter and it doesn't mention anything about this utility.

My guess is it's a .bat file that Transporter arranges to have launched on first boot/login.

Anybody know where it hides? If I could figure out what it is and what it wants to modify I could probably manually check it -- but as it is it seems to whack my VM to an unusable state. Even booting 'safe-mode' doesn't succeed after this utility whacks the VM.