Trouble getting Age of Empires III to run

birdsofprey02

Bit poster
After reading this post about 5608 being released and seeing that Parallels was now compatible with Age of Empires III, I decided to go purchase the game. Being that it was half the cost on Windows, and having just read the post, I decided to get the Windows version.

Unfortunately, when I attempt to launch Age of Empires, an error message comes up claiming this...

Your video hardware is below the recommended minimum requirements for Age of Empires III. If you wish to upgrade your computer, please contact your computer manufacturer for any necessary assistance.

System information: 2400 MHz, 1040 MB, 64 MB GeForce 256 (vendorID 10de, deviceID 100)

I can either exit, or attempt to run the game anyway. When I attempt to run the game anyway, Parallels goes to a black screen, and then shuts itself off.

This happens in single window mode, coherence mode, and full screen mode. I have version 5608 with up to date XP drivers, etc.

My understanding is that some graphically intense games do not function properly in Parallels, but since the game was listed on the compatibility list, surely someone was able to get this to work. I've checked off DirectX shaders as well but that didn't make a difference.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
 
Back
Top