Trying to boot Windows 10 in Safe Mode Problem?

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by AdrienneO, Sep 13, 2017.

1. AdrienneO

AdrienneO Bit poster

Whenever I start Windows, a black screen comes up and I can't do anything other than shutting down my PC. I tried starting Safe Mode from the Boot option directly after the computer started but it looked really confusing and I didn't see anything with Safe Mode written on it. I selected the first one and the screen went black again. After shutting down, it said "disk read error occurred" or something liked that. It told to to restart pressing CTRL+ALT+DEL. The screen went black again and then after a long time, the screen for the automatic repair loading screen started loading. After that, nothing happened. What do I do? I just want to use my computer!

2. Alfena@Parallels

Alfena@Parallels Pro

Hi @AdrienneO ,

When you get the black screen please Go to Actions > reset and check if it works. If not let us know the version of Windows you are using.

Thanks
    Alfena

3. MarkBC

MarkBC Bit poster

My problem is identical to the first half of the initial problem. So I concur with:
    Whenever I start Windows, a black screen comes up and I can't do anything other than shutting down my PC. I tried starting Safe Mode from the Boot option directly after the computer started but it looked really confusing and I didn't see anything with Safe Mode written on it. I selected the first one and the screen went black again.​
    To clarify, the recommendation for a black screen is to boot to Safe Mode, but I am running Windows 10 inside Parallels, and when I click on F8, I get to a boot loader that only says what device to boot from. There is no option to boot into Windows Safe Mode. I think this is like the hardware boot loader, not the Windows loader.

How do I get to Windows Safe Mode?

Thanks!