Trying to start a windows application but receive RDP session ended [2][12]

Discussion in 'Parallels Client for Windows' started by zeveraard, Jul 17, 2020.

1. zeveraard

zeveraard Bit poster

Hello
    Whenever I try to start a remote application from the Parallels client I receive the following error message:
    [I 02/00000007/T4094/P400C/S0001] 17-07-20 18:13:42 - RDP session ended [2][12] .

I tried using both the 32bits and the 64bits clients, but i have the same issue on both.

Does anyone have an idea what this issue can be? I tried googling the error but no relevant search could be found

Thanks in advance

Attached Files:

2. jpc

jpc Pro

@zeveraard, That error code indicates that session was established successfully but that server has logged it off. Normally this happens when an administrator logs off an RDP session (e.g. from the task manager). Since it happens immediately upon login:
    • check that you can connect to the server using mstsc
    • check that memshell.exe is present in "%windir%\system32"
    • if on the RSDH agent, the option "using Remote App if available" is switched on, test with it off
    If the above do not help with the issue, please specify the RAS server and RAS client versions.

3. zeveraard

zeveraard Bit poster

@jpc Thank you for your time to try to help me
    • check that you can connect to the server using mstsc
      • Im not able to connect to the server using mstsc but my colleague is able to do it, which i find very strange!
    • check that memshell.exe is present in "%windir%\system32"
      • memshell is not present in my windows directory nor on my colleague's pc where the remote application does work
    • if on the RSDH agent, the option "using Remote App if available" is switched on, test with it off
      • Im quite confused about this, i'm not sure what the RSDH agent is

4. zeveraard

zeveraard Bit poster

check that you can connect to the server using mstsc
    Not able to connect when im not on my VPN connection.

5. jpc

jpc Pro

@zeveraard
    You should be checking in "%windir%\system32" on the server-side, specifically on the RDP server.
    However if your colleague can launch the published application but you can't and both of you are using the same RDP server, then this check may not be needed (but it does not hurt to confirm).

RDSH = Remote Desktop Session Host. I'm assuming you are one of the RAS system admins. If that is not the case, then you may not be able to follow all the steps that I have listed.

As for the RemoteApps option that I suggested you to check, under:
    "Farm -> Site -> RD Session Host -> <Your RDP Server Name> -> right click -> properties -> Agent Settings".
    You can access the "using Remote App if available" option on that dialog.
    Visually, you should be able to know if RemoteApps is in use or not by looking at the published application's icon on the task bar. If it has a circle with two arrows on it, RemoteApps is being used. If it just the application's icon or it has two red lines at the bottom, then RemoteApps is switched off.

Makes sense.
    Are you both using VPN to connect to the server using mstsc?

If the connection with mstsc works, then you might want to:
    • check if both you and your colleague have the same RAS connection settings (client-side)
    • check the RDP logs (on the server) via event viewer:
      "Applications and Services Logs > Microsoft > Windows > RemoteDesktopServices-RdpCoreTS > Operational"