Type text clipboard into guest without Parallels Tools

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac Feature Suggestions' started by NoahO, Dec 6, 2017.

1. NoahO

NoahO Bit Poster

Hi,
    Often I find myself working with VMs that don't yet have integration tools installed, and I would like to copy and paste a snippet of text, eg, to install integration tools, enable SSH, etc.

It would be really nice if as part of the keyboard menu, instead of sending single keypresses, I could copy and paste a whole bunch of text to be typed into the VM. I think this would be really easy to implement, as the functionality for typing single keys is already there, and I know you can type whole sequences because that is how Packer works with parallels integration. (https://www.packer.io/)

For example, my favorite remote desktop app, Royal TSX has this feature.

See screenshots.
    Screen Shot 2017-12-07 at 11.02.14 am.png
    Screen Shot 2017-12-07 at 11.00.27 am.png Screen Shot 2017-12-07 at 11.00.39 am.png

2. AaronS3

AaronS3

Yes please - should be under edit menu and read "Type Clipboard Contents as Keystrokes", please.

3. MarioB4

MarioB4 Bit Poster

Desperately need this feature as well!

4. JosephK7

JosephK7 Bit Poster

Yes!!! we need this. It solves the Windows login password issue too. I prefer to use much stronger passwords and paste them from a password manager, but windows won't take paste on the login screen for security reasons.