UEFI boot mode for Windows 10 failing install

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by KevinL1, Jan 18, 2017.

1. KevinL1

KevinL1 Bit poster

I started an install of Windows 10 on Parallels 12.1.2 (41525) and, originally, it was erroring out because UEFI was not enabled. I enabled the EFI boot mode in the Windows 10 guest settings to "Use EFI Boot" and even tried adding "vm.bios.efi=1" into the "Boot Flags". Now I'm continuously getting Memory errors when getting to the same part of the install where it was requesting UEFI boot.
    I cannot find any way around this and no article seems to answer this question. How can I get this to work?

Attached Files:

2. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi KevinL1, you can download Windows 10.iso from Microsoft website or create a bootable USB disk drive as suggested in this article to install it on Parallels Desktop.

3. Hi, and how about this boot flag
    vm.bios.efi=0
    Did you try it?

4. KevinL1

KevinL1 Bit poster

Yes I did. It just disables EFI. Kinda of ironic, isn't it?

5. KevinL1

KevinL1 Bit poster

I tried that, but unfortunately, I don't have the product key on hand. The IT department won't give it to me, even though I can strip it out of a Windows 10 machine here. I guess that is something I'm going to have to do.

6. Raj@Parallels

Raj@Parallels Guest

Please give a try with the product key, it should work or please feel free to reach us for support.