paul@jcsltd.co.uk
Bit poster
Hello,
I am running Parallels 3 build 5608 on a OS X 10.5.5 MAcBook Pro. I run Windows XP Pro through Parallels from the Boot Camp partition.
I need to access the internet through a 3G mobile internet USB adapter from within Windows. The mobile internet adapter has software for both Mac & Windows. The software works correctly on both platforms independently. I can access the internet on the Mac platform and I can access the internet when booted into Windows using Boot Camp.
What I would really like to achieve is being able to access the internet in Windows when running through Parallels. I have a piece of Windows only software I need to access and constantly restarting my Mac is becoming a pain. Unfortunately, I do not appear to be able to do this and I am wondering if it is even possible.
This is what I have attempted so far.
At first I tried to add the device to Windows from Parallels. I connect the USB device, was prompted by Parallels if I would like to add the USB device to Windows and select Yes. I hear to USB sound windows produces and the 3G software successfully recognised the adapter. I clicked the connect button in the windows 3G software and successfully connected to my mobile providers network. Unfortunately, I could not access the internet and my other software package could not access the server.
Next, I connect the device to the mobile network through the Mac software. The Mac software connected and I could successfully browse the internet in Safari. In Windows however I could not access the internet. My Parallels configuration is setup as Shared Networking.
I hunted the internet and found a few similar threads post previously. As recommended in another thread I removed Library extension files and preference. Then I reinstalled the Parallels software. Unfortunately, this resulted in the same symptoms.
I would be most grateful for any help. If you require more information I would be happy to provide it.
Thank you in advance.
Paul
I am running Parallels 3 build 5608 on a OS X 10.5.5 MAcBook Pro. I run Windows XP Pro through Parallels from the Boot Camp partition.
I need to access the internet through a 3G mobile internet USB adapter from within Windows. The mobile internet adapter has software for both Mac & Windows. The software works correctly on both platforms independently. I can access the internet on the Mac platform and I can access the internet when booted into Windows using Boot Camp.
What I would really like to achieve is being able to access the internet in Windows when running through Parallels. I have a piece of Windows only software I need to access and constantly restarting my Mac is becoming a pain. Unfortunately, I do not appear to be able to do this and I am wondering if it is even possible.
This is what I have attempted so far.
At first I tried to add the device to Windows from Parallels. I connect the USB device, was prompted by Parallels if I would like to add the USB device to Windows and select Yes. I hear to USB sound windows produces and the 3G software successfully recognised the adapter. I clicked the connect button in the windows 3G software and successfully connected to my mobile providers network. Unfortunately, I could not access the internet and my other software package could not access the server.
Next, I connect the device to the mobile network through the Mac software. The Mac software connected and I could successfully browse the internet in Safari. In Windows however I could not access the internet. My Parallels configuration is setup as Shared Networking.
I hunted the internet and found a few similar threads post previously. As recommended in another thread I removed Library extension files and preference. Then I reinstalled the Parallels software. Unfortunately, this resulted in the same symptoms.
I would be most grateful for any help. If you require more information I would be happy to provide it.
Thank you in advance.
Paul