Unable to Activate using existing license key

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by LukeK2, Dec 19, 2017.

1. LukeK2

LukeK2 Bit poster

Hello,

I just purchased a new MacBook Pro and I am unable to activate using my existing license key. After selecting "Activate on this Mac" I receive the error "This license key is associated with another Parallels account. Please sign in using this account and try again." I am unaware of any existing or duplicate accounts.

How am I able to activate Parallels on my new Mac?

2. Alfena@Parallels

Alfena@Parallels Pro

Hello @LukeK2 , please check your private message and reply with the necessary details.
    Thanks

3. DearbhlaG

DearbhlaG Bit poster

Hi there - I'm having a similar problem - i want to move my licence from one mac to another - however i get the "Unable to perform the operation. This license key is associated with another Parallels account. Please sign in using this account and try again." message above when i try to activate on the new mac - i double-checked my correct Parallels account by requesting an order review from Cleverbridge and this confirmed that i am trying to log in using the correct Parallels accout - can you help?

4. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @DearbhlaG , have you logged in to account.parallels.com using the same email address and checked if the license is registered under the same email address?

5. PaulaG1

PaulaG1 Bit poster

I followed this steps
    1. Open Terminal (Finder > Applications > Utilities > Terminal.app).
    2. Execute the command:
    prlsrvctl activate-license-online
    3. Now execute this command:
    sudo rm -rf /Library/Preferences/Parallels/licenses.xml
    4. Quit from Parallels Desktop.
    5. Reboot your Mac.
    6. Start Parallels Desktop and try to proceed with the activation once again.
    Cheers, bitcohen

Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
  6. Hemnath@Parallels

Hemnath@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi PaulaG1. Thanks for sharing.