"Unable to Check for Updates"

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by jmine83, Jul 13, 2019.

Tags:
  1. jmine83

jmine83 Bit poster

Attempting to "Check for Updates..." I get the following error message: "Unable to check for updates" (see attached screenshot).

I had contacted Parallels Support earlier, only to be told to uninstall Parallels, reboot, and install again; still the problem persists.

Currently running Parallels version 14.1.3 (45485) on macOS Mojave version 10.14.5.

So I think I am already running the latest version of Parallels, but if upon checking for any new updates, if there isn't any, I would expect to see a message that says something like "You are running the latest Parallels". Otherwise, the current error message in question seems like a defect to me that the Parallels developers need to fix.

Attached Files:

2. kat

kat Product Expert

Did you reinstall parallels tools?
    This is the message you should be seeing. I am running the same version of Parallels Desktop as you are but on a different OS.
    Screen Shot 2019-07-13 at 6.27.34 PM.png

3. @jmine83, the Parallels Desktop 14.1.3 is the latest version for that moment.