Unable to connect to [unmountable] USB [CDC] device, ubuntu guest

Discussion in 'Linux Virtual Machine' started by ThomasE19, Mar 23, 2023.

1. ThomasE19

ThomasE19 Bit poster

The "Unable to connect" dialog box refers to https://kb.parallels.com/en/10136 which is directed for mountable USB devices.

The device I am trying to connected to is using simple CDC device. Most of the time, if I reboot the guess AND restart parallels it comes back. Sometime I need to quit parallels, change USB port, and then I am good. Last resort is I have to reboot MacOS altogether. A little background, we have 3 embedded devices, 2 of which have no issues. This an one other are using STM32F4's, and the third is a STM32L4. All running basic STM32CubeMx generate drivers. and FreeRTOS if that matters.

Any hints on how to get Parallels to be more stabile in this area would greatly appreciated.
    Parallel: Version 18.2.0 (53488)
    MBP 16", running 12.6.3 (21G419)

2. Avinash Bundhoo

Avinash Bundhoo Staff Member

Hello!

Thank you for contacting Parallels Support Team

In order to proceed with further investigation, kindly provide us with the below information:
    1. Reproduce the issue.
    2. Collect a technical report (click Parallels icon || > Help > Send technical data > check "Attach screenshots..." > press Send Report) and send the report's 9-digit ID in a reply to this message.

Have a nice week.

Thank you!

ThomasE19 likes this.
  3. ThomasE19

ThomasE19 Bit poster

Hello, Thank you! Here is a technical report ID: 421587420

Attached are 2 images with the device in question highlighted. The device OxeDrive #2 also has a STM32F4 with the same USB protocol, And ForcePlateReader has a STM32L4 with very similar (nearly identical USB protocol)

4. ThomasE19

ThomasE19 Bit poster

Here is a second snapshot with the dialog box after a guest OS reboot: 421588249

5. ThomasE19

ThomasE19 Bit poster

For completeness, peripheral rebooted AND plugged into a different port: 421588589

6. ThomasE19

ThomasE19 Bit poster

Can't edit previous reply, what I meant to add, all 3 peripherals are full up and working in capture: 421588589

7. ThomasE19

ThomasE19 Bit poster

Hello,

Just wondering if there is anything else I can do on my end to help?

cheers,
    Thomas