Unable to Connect to websites on OS X

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Kaiey, Feb 9, 2008.

1. Kaiey

Kaiey Bit poster

I use Mozilla Firefox on OS X and I am receiving an "Unable to Connect" error when accessing some websites, not all, but some.

I have tested this on other machines, so I know it`s not a problem with the modem. I have tried using different web browsers and I still get the same error, so I know it isn't a problem with Firefox extensions.

When I try and access the websites on Windows XP via a Parallels Virtual Machine, everything works fine. So I can only assume that Parallels has done something and modified the settings somewhere.

Everything worked fine prior to installing Parallels so I am unsure of what the problem is.

If anyone could provide some help or assistance that would be much appreciated! Thank you in advance!

2. Kaiey

Kaiey Bit poster

I managed to fix the problem - it turns out it has nothing to do with Parallels, an application was running in the background without me knowing, denying connections with certain websites.

Anyway - keep up all the good work with Parallels, I'm really loving the application!

3. Xenos

Xenos Parallels Team

Hello Kaiey,

Thank you very much for posting the solution here.

Best regards,
    Xenos