I haven't used Parallels (version 8) in a very long time but am now trying to upgrade my virtual copy of WinXP to Win7. I am unable do a clean Win7 install because the license requires that an existing Windows operating system be present to accomplish the upgrade. I tried bringing up IE and Firefox browsers under XP and neither will connect to the outside. I downloaded several MS apps to help with the upgrade by loading them on the Mac then referencing under XP via Parallels. When I installed and ran them under XP some fail saying that they're unable to connect to the internet and try later. Bottom line, I need internet connectivity. Using the command tool ipconfig /all shows that XP has an I/P of 10.37.192.3 while my Mac shows 10.37.192.2 on vnic1. I can successfully ping between the two machines and I can see my Mac filesystems under XP.
After bringing up IE it failed to connect so I ran the diagnostic. It said that I couldn't connect via HTTP (80), HTTPS (443) or FTP (21). Is this a problem at the Mac end or might it be my main router (Verizon FIOS) or is it WinXP? I cannot reach my main router at the default address 192.168.1.1 from WinXP but can from the Mac.
Here are the exact results of my ipconfig /all query under WinXP
ipconfig /all
Windows IP Configuration
Host name . . . . . . . . . . . . . : charliecaroe312
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . . : Unknown
IP Routing Enabled . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled . . . . . . : No
Ethernet Adapter Local Area Connection 4:
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : Parallels Ethernet Adapter
Physical address . . . . . . . . . . . : 00-1C-42-F6-7B-58
Dhcp Enabled . . . . . . . . . . . . . : No
IP Address . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : 10.37.192.3
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . . . : 10.37.192.2
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . . . : 8.8.8.8
The results (partial) from ifconfig -a on my Mac
vnic0: flags=8843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
options=3<RXCSUM,TXCSUM>
ether 00:1c:42:00:00:08
inet 10.211.55.4 netmask 0xffffff00 broadcast 10.211.55.255
media: autoselect
status: active
vnic1: flags=8843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
options=3<RXCSUM,TXCSUM>
ether 00:1c:42:00:00:09
inet 10.37.192.2 netmask 0xffffff00 broadcast 10.37.192.255
media: autoselect
status: active
Has anyone encountered this before and if so is there a known solution?
Thanks in advance
After bringing up IE it failed to connect so I ran the diagnostic. It said that I couldn't connect via HTTP (80), HTTPS (443) or FTP (21). Is this a problem at the Mac end or might it be my main router (Verizon FIOS) or is it WinXP? I cannot reach my main router at the default address 192.168.1.1 from WinXP but can from the Mac.
Here are the exact results of my ipconfig /all query under WinXP
ipconfig /all
Windows IP Configuration
Host name . . . . . . . . . . . . . : charliecaroe312
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . . : Unknown
IP Routing Enabled . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled . . . . . . : No
Ethernet Adapter Local Area Connection 4:
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : Parallels Ethernet Adapter
Physical address . . . . . . . . . . . : 00-1C-42-F6-7B-58
Dhcp Enabled . . . . . . . . . . . . . : No
IP Address . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : 10.37.192.3
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . . . : 10.37.192.2
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . . . : 8.8.8.8
The results (partial) from ifconfig -a on my Mac
vnic0: flags=8843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
options=3<RXCSUM,TXCSUM>
ether 00:1c:42:00:00:08
inet 10.211.55.4 netmask 0xffffff00 broadcast 10.211.55.255
media: autoselect
status: active
vnic1: flags=8843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
options=3<RXCSUM,TXCSUM>
ether 00:1c:42:00:00:09
inet 10.37.192.2 netmask 0xffffff00 broadcast 10.37.192.255
media: autoselect
status: active
Has anyone encountered this before and if so is there a known solution?
Thanks in advance