Unable to copy and paste between Mac and Ubuntu Linux VM

Discussion in 'Linux Virtual Machine' started by remotecontroller, Mar 24, 2020.

1. remotecontroller

remotecontroller Member

Hi, after reinstalling Ubuntu 16.04 virtual machine and reinstalling Parallels Tools, I am still unable to copy and paste between Mac OS and Ubuntu. I tried command+c and command-v as well as control+c and control+v. Could you please let me know how to fix this?

2. Abishek

Abishek Member

Hello @remotecontroller Please help us with the Parallels Desktop and macOS Version along with the Linux name and version and its kernel build to check and assist you further.

3. HalukT1

HalukT1 Bit poster

I run macOS 12.4 Monterey and installed Parallels 17.1.2 cannot copy and paste between MacOS and Kali machine, using Command-C and Control-V or vice versa? Is there a setting missing somewhere?

4. Asish

Asish Staff Member

Hello, What is the version of the kernel build of Kali Linux VM that you are using now?

5. HalukT1

HalukT1 Bit poster

uname -r shows 5.15.0-kali3-amd64. I cannot install Parallels Tools either... scr1.jpg

6. (GalaxyMaster)

(GalaxyMaster) Hunter

@HalukT1 , without Parallels Tools you won't be able to copy and paste since it is the tools that enable that feature.

7. Asish

Asish Staff Member

8. HalukT1

HalukT1 Bit poster

Hi again, it seems that ./install fails to the package linux-headers-5.15.0-kali3-amd64. In fact the dkms package already contains a newer version as linux-headers-5.16.0-kali7-amd64

Attached Files:

9. HalukT1

HalukT1 Bit poster

10. Asish

Asish Staff Member

Hello, Kindly help us with the technical report ID of Virtual Machine by referring to this KB article so that we can instigate the issue.

11. HalukT1

HalukT1 Bit poster

Heres where the above was referenced.. Anyway I have a new Apple M1 machine, so things work differently. parallels1.jpg parallels1.jpg