Unable to create Mavericks virtual machine on Mac Pro

MikeD2

Bit poster
I have a Mac Pro tower I want to upgrade to Mac 10.11, but I still need to run an old version of iMovie that the new os won't run. Downloaded Parallels 11, went through the setup, but when I try to install the Mavericks installation I simply get,
The virtual machine cannot be started.
OS X virtual machines can run only on computers having OS X Leopard (version 10.5.1 or higher) or OS X Tiger (version 10.4.11 or higher) installed.

I don't get this because there are instructions for making a Mavericks virtual machine that Parallels put out. Am I barking up the wrong tree here and should be looking for another solution? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike D.
 
I have a Mac Pro tower I want to upgrade to Mac 10.11, but I still need to run an old version of iMovie that the new os won't run. Downloaded Parallels 11, went through the setup, but when I try to install the Mavericks installation I simply get,
The virtual machine cannot be started.
OS X virtual machines can run only on computers having OS X Leopard (version 10.5.1 or higher) or OS X Tiger (version 10.4.11 or higher) installed.

I don't get this because there are instructions for making a Mavericks virtual machine that Parallels put out. Am I barking up the wrong tree here and should be looking for another solution? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike D.
Hi, could you please provide us with the screenshot of the issue and also the problem report.
You can generate the report using this KB. please reply us back with the report ID, it will help us to understand what exactly happened.
 
Back
Top