"Unable to create snapshot" / cannot send crash report

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by GPWeller, Aug 20, 2011.

1. GPWeller

GPWeller Member

Once last month, and once just today, PD crashed while attempting to create a snapshot. I mean it turned "off" and had to be rebooted into Win XP.
    On both occasions, the Parallels crash reporter informed me that it was unable to connect to Parallels to send the crash report.
    How can I send the crash report to Parallels manually?
    Also, is there any idea about these snapshot crashes?
    Running:
    Model Name: MacBook Pro
    Model Identifier: MacBookPro6,1
    Processor Name: Intel Core i5
    Processor Speed: 2.53 GHz
    Number Of Processors: 1
    Total Number Of Cores: 2
    L2 Cache (per core): 256 KB
    L3 Cache: 3 MB
    Memory: 4 GB

Parallels build 5.0.9376
    1 processor
    768 Mb memory

This is not a Boot Camp partition.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2011
  2. GPWeller

GPWeller Member

It happened again!

The circumstances are the same: Parallels was paused; it tried to create a snapshot; create snapshot failed; problem reporter appeared; reporter was "unable to send the problem report."

Screen shots attached.

Attached Files:

3. GPWeller

GPWeller Member

Now Parallels crashes when I try a snapshot WITHOUT the guest OS running

Now Parallels crashes when I try to create a snapshot WITHOUT the guest OS running!

What the hell do I do?

4. JesterbeanA

JesterbeanA Banned

I suggest you reinstall parallels. If all else fails, contact support team.[​IMG]

5. GPWeller

GPWeller Member

One final note

Jester, thanks for the response. For diagnostic purposes, however, I wish to note that after two such crashes described herein, PD v.5 creates snapshots without a hitch, if the guest OS is running. I guess the critical question is: Is PD supposed to create snapshots when the guest OS is not running? If it is supposed to, then I have a technical problem. If it is not, then I am just inconvenienced by a feature of the app.