Unable to create the snapshot...Problem ID: 53

MichaelP5

Bit poster
On my MacBookPro (purchased in July 2014) I have MacOS Yosemite and Parallels Desktop for Mac 10.2.2. I run Windows 8.1 in a VM. At the end of a workday I closed the laptop and went home, at home opened the laptop and found that MacOS rebooted. I then tried to start Windows and got a dialog with this message:
Unable to create the snapshot. Try to create it again.
--> Help me solve the problem
Problem ID: 53
Check this solution
Clicking on solution brought a Web browser page: http://kb.parallels.com/122818 . This page linked to a resolution on the following page: http://kb.parallels.com/en/121578 . I followed all steps up to step 9 which said: "Close settings and complete the virtual machine installation. The new virtual machine will be started. Make sure that it works fine and shut it down". I closed settings and hit "Continue", however the new VM did not start, instead I got a dialog box with this message:
Unable to create the snapshot.
--> Help me solve the problem
Problem ID: 53
Check this solution
Looks like Parallels got into an endless error loop. Great. What do I do now? My job depends on restoring this VM.

Any help will be highly appreciated. Thank you.
-Michael
 
Hi Michael,
Please try these following steps.
  1. Repair Mac OS X file permissions, as some Parallels Desktop files may have wrong permissions:
    • Open Disk Utility (/Applications/Utilities/).
    • Select your Mac OS X startup volume (Macintosh HD by default) in the column on the left of the Disk Utility window, then click the First Aid tab.
    • Click the Repair Disk Permissions button.
  2. Reset Home folder permissions and ACLs using this article: http://kb.parallels.com/en/120432

  3. Un-install Parallels Desktop by following the steps here: http://kb.parallels.com/122653
  4. Re-install Parallels Desktop by following the steps here: http://kb.parallels.com/122647
Once all these are done, Please restart you Virtual Machine and check once if it helps.
 
Back
Top