Unable to create VM from bootcamp partition

Matt r Sandford

Bit poster
I was really hoping for once this would go to plan, I have a brand new Macbook Pro i7, I installed Windows 7
onto a bootcamp partition with no problems I then installed Parallels 5 and went to create a new VM from the bootcamp partition... it starts and then just sits there, I have tried with and without auto detect the OS, I have uninstalled P5, I have done disk permissions and nothing changes.
Can anyone help ?

Thanks matt
 
Same Problem

Hi there!

I've got the same problem and it drives me mad:
- Windows XP SP2 installed with boot camp assistant
- works perfect when booting from scratch
- then starting Parallels 5 to use it in a VM and ... stuck!

Tec specs:
MacBook Pro "17
2.66 GHZ Intel Core i7
4 GB RAM

What is the answer?
Thanks in advance

Thorge
 
Similar problem

i also have brand new macbook pro i7 2010 early (OSX 10.6.3)


my Parallels 5 cannot recognize my bootcamp partition (installed windows 7 64bit(49G, ntfs), works fine standalone)

I've tried full uninstall and reinstall P5, permission check, and so on.. by others' recommendation, but it doen't work.

Strange thing is, if I insert SD card (2G) to the macbook pro, P5 recognize it as bootcamp drive.


I think it is related with brand new macbook (i7) because above guys are all have core i7 macbook pro.
 
Back
Top