Hello,
I have been running Parallels 3.0 for some time (with XP) and recently created a Windows XP-based Boot Camp partition with the intention of getting rid of my separate Parallels VM and just using one Windows partition that can be run with both Parallels and Boot Camp. I am running Leopard and recently installed the latest Parallels update. My problem is that when I go to create a new VM, I select "Custom" in the first screen, and am not given the option of using an existing Boot Camp partition in the second screen. I thought that my problem may be that I activated Boot Camp after I had already installed Parallels, so I tried to Unistall Parallels and Reinstall it. I still do not get the option of using a Boot Camp partition. Curiously, my original Windows XP VM was still there when I reinstalled Parallels. Perhaps my Uninstall was not complete enough? Is there something I need to manually delete to completely uninstall it, or is there some other reason why I it's not working? Here are some technical details:
MacBook Pro
Leopard 10.5.2
320 GB HD with a 32 GB Boot Camp partition (FAT)
Windows XP Pro SP2 running in Boot Camp
2 GB of RAM
Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
- Scott
I have been running Parallels 3.0 for some time (with XP) and recently created a Windows XP-based Boot Camp partition with the intention of getting rid of my separate Parallels VM and just using one Windows partition that can be run with both Parallels and Boot Camp. I am running Leopard and recently installed the latest Parallels update. My problem is that when I go to create a new VM, I select "Custom" in the first screen, and am not given the option of using an existing Boot Camp partition in the second screen. I thought that my problem may be that I activated Boot Camp after I had already installed Parallels, so I tried to Unistall Parallels and Reinstall it. I still do not get the option of using a Boot Camp partition. Curiously, my original Windows XP VM was still there when I reinstalled Parallels. Perhaps my Uninstall was not complete enough? Is there something I need to manually delete to completely uninstall it, or is there some other reason why I it's not working? Here are some technical details:
MacBook Pro
Leopard 10.5.2
320 GB HD with a 32 GB Boot Camp partition (FAT)
Windows XP Pro SP2 running in Boot Camp
2 GB of RAM
Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
- Scott