Unable to install ParallelsDesktop 10 on OS X 10.11.2 El Capitan

FabioXos

Bit poster
Hi,

I have made a fresh installation of OS X 10.11.2, I was going to reinstall parallels desktop 10 too, I have downloaded last version from parallels site, I have installed it, installation goes well, then it asked me to create a new vm or use an existing one. I have select this last option, I have selected Moved and then a full screen coerence mode of the vm was opened.
I have asked to close the vm and then I was not able to do anything more.
There were no control center window, parallels menus were all gray. I was not able to get focus on control center window.
So I have restarted the computer but the problem was still the same and I was not able to start the VM by clicing on his file.
So I have uninstalled the app from the application list.
I have reinstalled it but the installation fails with and exception error. I was not able to go ahead.
I have downloaded PDremove app, used it are reinstalled PD. Same problem.
I have removed again all and all parallels files in library folder.
Same problem.

I have tried to install PD 11 and all goes well, I can install and start it. all is fine.

When I try to install PD 10 I go an error during installation that will not complete.

What can I do to have PD10 installed and working on my computer?

It was working when I have upgraded OS X from 10.10 to 10.11.

Thanks
 
Thank for the suggestion,
I have followed the istructions but nothing has changed. I am still unable to install it.
 
Yes I know, but it does not says that it cannot be installed on it. I don't need nothing more of this and I don't like to upgrade every year.
 
So, after more the one hour with parallels tech support we were not able to fix the problem.
They have created a new test user and there the installation was working, they suggest me to contact apple to fix the problem with the other mac user.
I was not happy with this answer So I have tried again by myself to solve the issue and I finally fix the problem!
While installing with the test user I see that no license were asked and no parallels user login was asked, so the system should have it stored somewhere.
I have removed again parallels application from the "broken" user account and run their utility PDremove to clean all the system, but this was not enought and it does not remove license information.
So I have searched parallels KB for problems with license key and about how to remove it. I have found that it was saved into
the path /Library/Preferences/Parallels/ .
I see that there other parallels file were still there and I cannot remove them without admin password.
So I have fully removed the Parallels directory and restarted the computer.
I have started the parallels 10 installer again and this time all works fine! It asks me to login with parallels account and then to type the license... now all is working.

May be something went wrong during the first installation, may be when I hit "Moved" when he asks me if the virtual machine I was adding was Moved or Copied. By hitting Moved something strange has happend and the VM was opened at full screen. It was a Microsoft Modern.ie test enviroment, that has a warning pop about an obsolete Eula, I was not able to close it and starting from there things went somehow wrong I think. I was able to close the VM but Parallels were dead, I cannot get the Control Center windows anymore and all menus were gray.
 
Hi FabioXos,

thanks for sharing this information. I believe, that permissions on /Library/Preferences/Parallels/* had broken and dispatcher failed to read/write there. Why it happened - no ideas...
 
Back
Top