Unable to Minimize Main Window

hydseek

Member
Hi, I am running into a situation where I am unable to minimize the main window when I suspend Windows XP - the main window is minimized when I quit or exit Windows XP - to clarify, the mnimized window is the window that is small and where I can see the tool bar on the right side and other icons on the botton. The problem is when I suspend Windows XP, I am back in the Mac OS X environment but the Parallels window is the size of the Windows resolution (large) with no option to minimize the window to a smaller size - how do I get the window to minize without having to shut down Windows XP? Looks like a bug which needs to be squashed by Parallels.
 
hydseek said:
Hi, I am running into a situation where I am unable to minimize the main window when I suspend Windows XP - the main window is minimized when I quit or exit Windows XP - to clarify, the mnimized window is the window that is small and where I can see the tool bar on the right side and other icons on the botton. The problem is when I suspend Windows XP, I am back in the Mac OS X environment but the Parallels window is the size of the Windows resolution (large) with no option to minimize the window to a smaller size - how do I get the window to minize without having to shut down Windows XP? Looks like a bug which needs to be squashed by Parallels.
I agree with you.
 
Minimising main window

Here's a copy of a note I put on the other thread.

This has happened to me once or twice. What I did to resolve it is to set up a custom resolution of 800x600 for the Video resource in the Parallels Configuration Editor for the VM. Then, when WinXP was launched, I set the display setting to that and it seemed to shrink the window.

Switching to full screen and back again works fine now.

Hope this helps.

SG
 
[LEFT said:
sgpub[/LEFT]]Here's a copy of a note I put on the other thread.

This has happened to me once or twice. What I did to resolve it is to set up a custom resolution of
800x600​
for the Video resource in the Parallels Configuration Editor for the
VM​
. Then, when WinXP was launched, I set the display setting to that and it seemed to shrink the window.

Switching to full screen and back again works fine now.

Hope this helps.

SG​
Hokey smokes, that seems to work!

Took me a couple of tries to figure out what you meant, but now it works. Thanks! I hope this fixes the problem for good!
 
Back
Top