Unable to open PDFs in Mac after installing Parallels for Mac

MathewK

Bit poster
Since installing Parallels 4.0 for Mac, I'm unable to open Adobe PDF files - keep getting asked to choose the application to open the file as the file type isn't recognised on Mac. I can open PDFs when running Parallels desktop, but have to do it via the Windows virtual machine.

Can anyone suggest how to fix this problem?
 
unable to open PDFs in Mac

In the Mac OS, select any pdf file and hit Command+I (Get Info). In the window that opens, look down to the "Open With..." pop down window and select Adobe Reader (but make certain that the Adobe Reader you select is NOT the Adobe Reader in your OS on Parallels. Then select the option for "Use this application to open all documents like this one."

That should solve your problem.
 
Back
Top