Unable to run Bootcamp based VM after upgrading to Ventura

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Mason4, Nov 17, 2022.

1. Mason4

Mason4 Bit poster

Hello all,

I upgraded my 2020 Intel MBP to Ventura and it seems to have broken Parallels.

I'm running Parallels 17.1.5, Ventura 13.0.1 and Windows 10. Bootcamp itself still works fine and I can boot into it without issue.

Whenever I try to launch my Bootcamp based VM I get the following two errors:

Unable to connect Hard Disk 1
    A file or device required for the operation of Hard Disk 1 does not exist or is used by another process, or you have no permission to access it. The virtual machine will continue running, but the device will be disconnected.

I checked the package contents and there is an HDD file which does have both read and write permissions. The second error is as follows:

There is no operating system installed in this virtual machine.
    To install an OS, connect a source with OS installation files, such as a CD, thumb drive, or disk image, and reset the virtual machine. For more information, see Parallels Desktop Help.

I've tried deleting the VM and creating a new Bootcamp based VM but I get the same errors.

Any help is appreciated!

jasss likes this.
  2. MatthewG15

MatthewG15 Bit poster

Same issue here, have you managed to resolve this?