Unable to start because of virtualization is disabled MacMini OSX 10.6 Parallels 5

SueskindC

Bit poster
Since I have new installed my MacMini with Mac OS X 10.6.2 (10C540) and installed Parallels 5 with Win7, I can't start the virtual machine a second time.
I mean, I could start it the first time, then I installed Win7, but when I tried to start again the next day, always the same error box pops up:
Unable to start the virtual machine "Windows 7".
The virtual machine cannot be started because the hardware virtualization support is disabled on your Mac. Try to restart your Mac. If it doesn't help, contact the Parallels support team for assistance.

Before with 10.4 and Parallels 4 everything was okay.

Is there anything I can do? The troubleshooter on the parallels web page say just to update the EFFI-boot-rom, but this is already done.

The config of my Mac Mini:
Modellname: Mac mini
Modell-Identifizierung: Macmini1,1
Prozessortyp: Intel Core 2 Duo
Prozessorspeed: 2 GHz
Number of cores: 2
L2-Cache: 4 MB
Memory: 2 GB
Busspeed: 667 MHz
Boot-ROM-Version: MM11.0055.B08
SMC-Version (System): 1.3f4


Ciao
Claus
 
Same problem here

Have same problem here - upgrade from 3.x to 5.x and same message. Have MacMini with CoreDuo.
Suppport request is pending.
 
Same problem

I've had this issue before and never found a good resolution. Parallels "support" is hard to reach and offers no useful help so far. Does anyone else have an answer?

Mac mini; OS 10.6; Parallels 4.0 build 3810
 
I solved the problem using <a href="http://forum.parallels.com/thread3273.html" target="_blank">this</a>.
You need rEFIt which can be found <a href="http://refit.sourceforge.net/" target="_blank">here</a>. Additional you need <a href="http://i30www.ira.uka.de/~joshua/vmx.zip" target="_blank">an VMX add-on</a>. Mount the rEFIt image and copy the folder "EFI" to the starting volume. Unpack "vmx.zip" and put it into this "EFI" folder. Install "rEFIt" and restart the computer holding the option key (alt) down. Select "rEFIt" console. I had to put in "fs1:", "cd vmx" and "vmx-var.set.efi". At next reboot the virtual machine is usable. I had additional another problem since my XP-installation was actualized and this did not end. Press ctrl + option + cmd + R which shows the windows window waiting for an input.
I do not understand why support was not able to sent this to me.
 
Tried that but no joy..

Thanks - I've tried that in the past and tried it again but it doesn't fix anything for me... I get a funny thing happening too when I open Parllels - I get a message: "This is not registered - cannot upgrade...." I try to register and it says: "already registered." (as I thought)... But it still says "not registered.... " when I try to check for upgrades??? What??

Parallels help section has been of little use - quite confusing - so many levels of selections that end up at dead ends ...
 
Back
Top