"Unable to start Parallels services"

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by WesleyM4, Jul 22, 2021.

1. WesleyM4

WesleyM4 Bit poster

Good morning all,
    Hoping someone can help me with the above.

I've downloaded and installed a trial version of Parallels Desktop for Mac 16, but get the error message "Unable to start Parallels services". I've been through every troubleshooting option on their website but cannot get it to work. I really want to purchase this sub, but can't until I know its going to work.
    Having done everything else, I was about to reinstall the OS, but am reluctant as I'm setup with raid striped and my mac was shipped with osx mountain lion, and I'm currently working on High Sierra, so was worried about it not working or leading to some corruptions.

Open to suggestions/ thoughts, so please step in if you've been through this pain already.
    Thanks very much in advance.
    Wes

2. wenfeen

wenfeen Member

I have the same issue. Every single time an upgrade is installed to Parallels Desktop 16, I have to reinstall Mojave. I've followed all the suggestions but nothing works. So frustrating when trying to log onto Windows 10.

3. KatieJ

KatieJ Bit poster

Parallels Recovery Mode results small.jpg
    Same issue here. Report ID: 387489319
    See attached Terminal command results from recovery mode Parallels Recovery Mode results small.jpg

4. wenfeen

wenfeen Member

I've never had good results with trying the Terminal command in Recovery mode. The only thing that works is to completely reinstall the OS in Recovery. Frustrating due to the time issue in going through the process.

5. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

Hi, please let us know if after reinstalling the OS in recovery is the issue resolved?

6. wenfeen

wenfeen Member

Yes, it always has worked; just a pain to always have to reinstall the OS. Still using Mojave due to one app that hasn't upgraded to more recent Mac updates.