Unable to trial M1 due to expired Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac licence

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by Drayton, Feb 26, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Drayton

Drayton Bit poster

I had a Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac licence and a Parallels Desktop 10 for Mac, both have now expired.
    I've recently been given a new M1 Mac for work and found that the solution I had switched to no longer worked.

I decided I would try Parallels Desktop once again before returning the M1, however I'm unable to do so, due to these expired licences.
    If this solution works for me, I'm sure we would purchase more licences for other developers witching to new M1's in future.
    However I do not believe the business would want to purchase licence(s) before knowing if they would suit our needs.

Is there any way I could get a new trial for this software on this machine?

2. SWANDY

SWANDY Pro

https://www.parallels.com/products/desktop/trial/
    This page from the Parallels website has a link to download the trial version. I assume this is what you are looking for. (Assuming you never tried a Parallels license on the machine you are referring to because I remember reading in these forums you can't download and install another trial version after the initial one on a particular machine expires.)

3. Drayton

Drayton Bit poster

Hi Swanky, the problem I'm having is that I am unable to to install the trial and because I have trialed the software previously (I was happy with it then and went on to buying licences for 10 and 11). I have since updated my machine and now run Apple Silicon and would like to be able to trial the software before buying for this new architecture. I would not like to purchase a new licence only to find out that things are a little different and possibly unworkable for my use cases due to the architecture change.

FWIW This has been the case with my previous solution, although it worked on the new architecture is has been too slow to be useable in a work environment.

Thanks for your response, sorry I was not clearer in my initial post.