Unable to use any Virtual webcam programs in Zoom meeting client

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by McL, Sep 21, 2021.

1. McL

McL Bit poster

Hi, I am trying to use virtual webcam (manycam, OBS, logi Capture) on the Zoom meeting client but it doesn't work. Manycam doesn't even show up on the video source list. OBS and logi capture are in the source list but when selected, it just output this error "video cannot be started, please select another device on the camera settings". Any idea how to fix this?

2. kundanno

kundanno Hunter

First, your webcam must be visible to the MacOS host OS. When you plug in, you get the option (a pop up window) from Parallels to decide if you want to connect the cam to Mac or the guest VM. Second, if the cam itself is not PnP and requires specific drivers, you'll need to ensure they are supported on WoA. Third, if you want to change this behavior, you can go to PD preferences pane. Screenshot below.

upload_2021-9-21_13-28-56.png

3. McL

McL Bit poster

The webcam is visible on both MacOS and Windows 10. The issue is I cannot use any of the virtual webcam software (manycam, obs, logi capture etc) as video source in zoom client meeting app, but they are working fine in MacOS. is Virtual webcam not supported by PD? See screenshots from Zoom meeting client app MacOS vs Windows below.

Screen Shot 2021-09-21 at 1.44.51 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-09-21 at 1.47.45 PM.png

4. kundanno

kundanno Hunter

When you go to your Windows settings > Bluetooth and Devices > Cameras and click on the virtual webcam, does it work? Have you tried deleting it from PD in preferences and forcing it to reattach it?

5. BradleeG

BradleeG Bit poster

Sir, if you don't know, don't act like you do. you make people want to punch you right in the face.

McL, have you yet to find a solution for this issue, I too have been plagued by this problem! I am just about ready to give up and that means ive wasted so much time on it.

6. purity

purity Bit poster

Still searching for solution. Mine says ManyCam virtual is not available