Unable to use this software

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Alexandre7, Nov 26, 2020.

1. Alexandre7

Alexandre7 Bit poster

Hi, I'm new to Parallels and was trying to use for the first time. Unfortunately it's not a good start for me. I'm able to install the Parallels and the import my Windows computer from external drive. So far so good but then it's simply impossible to start the virtual machine. Every time I try I've got the following message : "Operation failed. Failed ti execute the operation." Then I can send a report (id L 355559060). But I don't have much to go on to find the problem since the error isn't quite explicit. I've tried starting from bootcamp, even installing windows from a Iso but still had the same error without further explanation. I'm currently with the trial version of Parallels to see if I'll buy a license but for now it's most unlikely be the case since I can't even use it. Is there a fix somewhere or I should try finding a better software? Thanks in advance, Alex

Attached Files:

2. Alexandre7

Alexandre7 Bit poster

I forgot to say that I'm currently on Big Sur 11.0.1 (not the beta) and verify the compatibility in the chart and since I'm using Parallels 16.1.1 it suppose to work fine...

3. Hi, what is the size of your .pvm file?

4. Alexandre7

Alexandre7 Bit poster

The .pvm files was 124go but, like I said, I've tried with this image and start a new vm from the microsoft .iso so no disk image and had the same result.

5. Thank you for your reply.
    Could you reproduce the issue and collect the tech report right after that.
    Thanks in advance.