"Uninstall Apps" doesn't have permissions to uninstall...never prompts for password?

Discussion in 'Parallels Toolbox for Mac' started by RossC4, Nov 6, 2021.

1. RossC4

RossC4

I've tried the Uninstall Apps tool on several occasions and it is hit or miss. Some items it can uninstall without issue, but for most the process starts and then I get a dialog '"Uninstall Apps" doesn't have permissions to uninstall AppName. Please try again and enter your password when prompted." Clicking OK and the "Uninstall" button is now greyed out so a retry is not possible without closing the utility and trying again. However, I am never prompted for authentication to remove the application. Is this just a limitation? I use AppCleaner to remove the application and it prompts for password and removed applications without issues.

2. sergk

sergk Parallels Developers

Hello,
    Some programs requires administration privileges to be uninstalled. Uninstall Apps tool uses special helper for this purpose. You should be asked for administrator privileges to install this helper. The behavior you've described looks like incorrect. Could you please record screen video to understand your situation better?

Also check if file "/Library/PrivilegedHelperTools/com.parallels.toolbox.UninstallAppsHelper" exists.