Eser Adiguzel
Bit poster
Hi guys--just a question I have had for a while now:
I've a mac mini, (the 1.8 dual core, 80G one--not the original mac minis, not the brand new ones now, but the one in between (2nd generation?))--anyway, the OS is 10.5 (Leopard) and I had bought it with a bunch of software pre-installed on it, including parallels, with BOTH windows xp and vista installed. I've been using the XP (as my other comp is a PC with XP and I have a lot of programs that I need to use for work that DO NOT have mac versions and also ARE NOT compatible with vista). I'm not really a fan of the vista overall, and to conserve/regain precious hard drive space (as 80g is not hard to fill), I would really like to DELETE the vista installation. Is there a way of doing this WITHOUT deleting the xp as well (since I have programs installed and files saved on it)? Any help is greatly appreciated, and if anyone knows, please give me the step by step commands. (I have no problem working in terminal and entering commands and am very pc-literate; however, my knowledge of mac and how to do things within it is very very limited and am learning the long and hard way, so things that are "simple" mac commands to most users I may not understand). Thanks again!
I've a mac mini, (the 1.8 dual core, 80G one--not the original mac minis, not the brand new ones now, but the one in between (2nd generation?))--anyway, the OS is 10.5 (Leopard) and I had bought it with a bunch of software pre-installed on it, including parallels, with BOTH windows xp and vista installed. I've been using the XP (as my other comp is a PC with XP and I have a lot of programs that I need to use for work that DO NOT have mac versions and also ARE NOT compatible with vista). I'm not really a fan of the vista overall, and to conserve/regain precious hard drive space (as 80g is not hard to fill), I would really like to DELETE the vista installation. Is there a way of doing this WITHOUT deleting the xp as well (since I have programs installed and files saved on it)? Any help is greatly appreciated, and if anyone knows, please give me the step by step commands. (I have no problem working in terminal and entering commands and am very pc-literate; however, my knowledge of mac and how to do things within it is very very limited and am learning the long and hard way, so things that are "simple" mac commands to most users I may not understand). Thanks again!