Updating to Parallels 6 after updating to Mac OS X 10.6.5

JustinDC

Bit poster
Hello,

I have been using Parallels 3.0 on my mac then I updated to the new Mac OS X 10.6.5. Parallels 3.0 will not run with the new operating system and I need to get Parallels 6. Would I be able to download the update or do I have to buy 6 just as if I never had Parallels 3? And when I get to Parallels 6, would I still be able to use the windows programs I used when using 3.0?

Thank you,
 
I would be surprised if you can do an upgrade from version 3 to version 6, alot has altered since verdsion 3, it seems to bigger jump for the upgrade process. I would suggest a fresh install, though do check with Parallels Support to be sure.

REgards
Kevin
 
Hi,

afaik the upgrade should work. At least it is legitimate and supported by Parallels operation. As I can remember (I'm not familiar with this part of Desktop), after upgrade you it be suggested by Parallels Desktop 6.0 to backup 3.0VM and upgrade it
 
Back
Top