updating version 2?

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by silas, Jul 13, 2007.

1. silas

silas Bit poster

I am reinstalling Parallels for Mac version 2 from a CD... but the CD does not contain the last, best build of the software. The support/downloads page only has an update for version 3.

Anyone have a link to a build of version 2?? I paid good money for this product (scant weeks before v3 came out, had neither money nor need to upgrade)... would like to think it hasn't been totally deprecated...

2. jackybe67

jackybe67 Pro

just click in help menu Parallels and check for updates. Last build is 3214 i think.

3. ChristTrekker

ChristTrekker Member

In that window, you ought to be eligible for a free upgrade to v3. That's the same position I was in, and got my v3 key a couple days ago.

4. trinket

trinket Bit poster

I too would like to update version 2. The only problem is, for the build that came loaded on the CD (1970), for some reason the update feature within parallels didn't work and had to be done manually. After the update, it worked fine. Now I am stuck because I have had to reinstall V2 and I can't get updates for it, and I DON'T want to update to V.3!

Can someone PLEASE help me out with updates. It is ridiculous to have absolutely no access to version 2 updates. I don't want to upgrade, and do not believe I should be forced to do so!

5. Stacey M

Stacey M Parallels Team

Hello,

could you please tell me what version of Parallels Desktop do you have? US, UK or localized one?

Best regards,
    Stacey