MarkAlexander
Bit poster
I launched install of upgrade from Parallels 3.0 to 4.0 w/ build 3810 about 3 hours ago. I followed ReadMe and web instructions carefully and have searched forums and knowledge base to resolve the following but have not come up with an answer.
Upgrade with "BackUp and Convert" method so I suppose I have the 3.0 backup if I need to go back to that if this stays unresolved. After step 1 I got a few errors to work through manually as instructed, like uninstall the virus software etc. Then it went to Step 2 and proceeded through that until about 1/2 on the blue progress bar. It has been stuck on the 1/2 point for about 2 hours now. Still showing slide show of "features" of the new upgrade if I ever get there. I do not show any "not responding" on the MacOS force quit menu so it may be running but I don't know.
Not sure if I should kill this or let it go for a bit more time. If I try to shut down I get message : "Cannot close the VM window. The VM is currently being upgraded. Wait until the operation is complete and try again"
The question is how long is too long to wait? I have watched the blue bar carefully and it has not moved for 2 hours.
I submitted a ticked but message back said response would be in 24h and that will not do for my situation. Appreciate any assistance.
Kind regards,
Mark
Hardward: MacBookPro
OSX: 10.4.11
Memory: 3GB
Plenty of HD space
Upgrade with "BackUp and Convert" method so I suppose I have the 3.0 backup if I need to go back to that if this stays unresolved. After step 1 I got a few errors to work through manually as instructed, like uninstall the virus software etc. Then it went to Step 2 and proceeded through that until about 1/2 on the blue progress bar. It has been stuck on the 1/2 point for about 2 hours now. Still showing slide show of "features" of the new upgrade if I ever get there. I do not show any "not responding" on the MacOS force quit menu so it may be running but I don't know.
Not sure if I should kill this or let it go for a bit more time. If I try to shut down I get message : "Cannot close the VM window. The VM is currently being upgraded. Wait until the operation is complete and try again"
The question is how long is too long to wait? I have watched the blue bar carefully and it has not moved for 2 hours.
I submitted a ticked but message back said response would be in 24h and that will not do for my situation. Appreciate any assistance.
Kind regards,
Mark
Hardward: MacBookPro
OSX: 10.4.11
Memory: 3GB
Plenty of HD space