Upgrade hung in Step 2 of 4 searching for devices

Ensorceled

Junior Member
I'm trying to upgrade from 3.0 to 4.0 and have hit a snag:

I'm upgrading with XP boot camp.
The upgrade hit the "proceed manually" step which I did.
The upgrade on XP seemed to go fine and it asked me to reboot.
I rebooted the guest OS and now parallels desktop is stuck at Step 2 of 4 searching for new devices.

It's been hung now for two and a half hours and support is not answering my request for help email.

Any ideas?
 
Hello Ensorceled,

When the upgrade freezes in steps 2 of 4 then Press and hold these 4 keys simultaneously for few seconds.

Control + Command + Options + R. You will get another option to upgrade manually. Continue manual upgradation .

If this does not resolved the issue. Then follow the below mentioned steps.

1) Open Parallels Desktop ( do not start the Windows Virtual Machine ) => Go to Configure.
2) Go to General => Change the OS Type to Linux and OS Version to Ubuntu => Click OK.

Please email us the status of the issue.
 
one more clarification

Once I followed the control + command + option + R, I had to log in to get the process going again...
 
Back
Top