Upgrade Issue with Win XP Pro SP2

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by TobyT, Mar 22, 2019.

1. TobyT

TobyT Hunter

I am currently running the Parallels guest vm using Win XP Pro SP2. For complicated reasons I cannot upgrade this despite repeated attempts using a new upgrade disk. I do have a brand-new copy of XP Pro SP3. My question is: I must buy a new iMac with Mojave installed. The KB says Parallels 14 will only run with SP3. If in the worst possible scenario I cannot get the new installation of SP3 to validate with MS, can I run the current vm with SP2 version which has been working perfectly in an earlier version of Parallels?
    Please do not suggest I upgrade Windows; that will not ever happen. I am using some critical legacy programs which will not run on Win 7, 8, or 10 period.
    Regards,
    TobyT

2. TobyT

TobyT Hunter

I am trying to find an iMac with what I need which is NOT running Mojave, but fear it will be High Sierra which also has the file structure change. Please somebody before my iMac dies, I need an answer!

3. Hi, yes, you will be able to install SP3 or start your SP2 VM on Parallels Desktop 14. For more info about supported Guest OS you can check this KB article https://kb.parallels.com/124223
    And please let us know if you have any additional questions.