Upgrade or Migrate

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by PragmaticPraxis, Dec 3, 2019.

1. PragmaticPraxis

PragmaticPraxis Bit poster

I am currently running PDP 14.1.3 on macOS 10.14.6 on a 2018 iMac Pro, and my subscription/extortion payment is due. As has become the norm, now that a new version of Parallels Desktop is out, performance and stability of the old version has gone down the toilette. Almost like Parallels intentionally @%#$s the old version to force us to upgrade. And for once there is an actually, meaningful reason to upgrade, what the with new Metal based graphics. Usually the upgrade is a very expensive "works on the new OS, and has this stupid new feature to make it not look like so much of an extortion racket". And maybe a few bug fixes that have been complained about for multiple years running. As you can tell, I am sick and tired of Parallels as a company, and I am almost looking for an excuse to jump ship. But at the same time, the only meaningful alternative is VMWare Fusion, and VMWare sucks too. So, I guess rant aside, my question is, are people finally finding the current version of PD15 and macOS 10.15 Catalina stable? Or is PD still a steaming pile of unstable junk, as it seemed to be at first availability? Note this is the Pro version, and my concern is with performance and stability using professional software, i.e. Autodesk Revit, AutoCAD, etc. I could care less about gaming anything. So, anyone with professional use experience want to weigh in on the current state of affairs?