upgrade question

RobertW6

Bit poster
While I'm waiting for an answer to my other thread (problem upgrading...) I have another quick question.

I've seen the tech help here say a few times now that you can't upgrade from parallels 7 to parallels 11, but
need to instead buy the full product.

However, my parallels 11 popped up a "Parallels Just Released!" panel, with a button "Upgrade today, $49.99".
I hit this, which brings me to a purchase page. The topmost option is:

Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac (7/8 Upgrade)Run Windows on your Mac! for $49.99

I selected this, entered my info, paid, and downloaded it. (I can't install it yet, until I get more info in my other
thread about the installer not working with OSX 10.8.5).

Is this somehow not a valid product? Nothing in there says I can't use it for Parallels version 7- indeed it says *exactly*
that it *is* an upgrade for version 7/8.

Thank you
 
Back
Top