Afraid to do the upgrade after last night's adventure!
After 5 frustrating hours last night trying to get Vista Ultimate to run, I uninstalled Parallels 4.0 which had the latest build. It was running so smoothly before going upgrading to SL. I had error messages such as no ethernet controller device and please insert disk that came with network adapter card, Parallel Tools suddenly disappeared too, and I was left with constantly having to hit ctrl-alt to get the jerking mouse under control. Couldn't reinstall the Parallel Tools because I kept getting the Windows Unsigned Driver message and although I kept hitting to "Install Anyways", it wouldn't. I was left in the infinite restarting loop. And so I started over, uninstalling Parallels completely, and then I tried to reinstall. No dice. It would fail. I also had the latest .dmg update downloaded to the desktop but each time I had tried to upgrade it disappeared into space and crashed. I tried to delete the file and I couldn't, even with Trash It.
So, I decided to reinstall using my original 4.0 disk, did not try to upgrade as it suggested, and installed the original version. And voila! It worked again. I was able to install Parallel Tools even though that annoying Windows Unsigned Driver message kept appearing. I hit the Install Anyways about 8 times until it was successfully installed. Then I had my ethernet connection back and all is back working.
By the way, I even tried to run a command that would install unsigned drivers in Vista. It installed successfully but failed to bypass the Unsigned Driver message in Parallels.
I am so afraid to update to the latest version after last night since my theory stands, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"
Do you foresee any problems if I do not upgrade since all seems fine now. I only need Windows to run Quickbooks for my business since the Mac version is not good for me.
Sorry for the long post but I had to vent!