Switched from Shared network to Default Bridged Ethernet
In poking around trying to figure out why my VM won't connect to internet since latest tiger update, installed today, and latest Parallels 3 update (5160) also installed today, i changed the configuration of the VM network adapter from shared to bridged ethernet. I can now connect, but the two red buttons for network and NAT which appear when you one click "Network" in the system preferences tab are still there. They were both green before I updated to 10.4.11 and 5160. Note bridged ethernet when clicked says its the "default" setting. But I don't think it was set before and did have IP addresses displayed for the parallels adapters before he upgrade.
Can anyone explain this and is this sort of problem made worse if I update to leopard (which I have sitting in a box).
Currently I am a macbook pro, 2.4 ghz, 160 gb, running windows xp professional as my only virtual machine.
has anyone successfully and easily upgraded to Leopard after upgrading to 5160 first, and if so would you mind sharing your experiences with us .
thanks
dhwilliams