Upgraded to 3.0, now can't launch VM

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by schu, Jun 25, 2007.

1. schu

schu Bit poster

When I try to launch VM, this comes up:

"Only 252 MB of free disk space remains in the /Users/schu file system. Guest operating system is unable to run until at least 512 MB free disk is available. Please free some disk space.
    Click OK if you cleared enough disk space or click Cancel to shutdown the Virtual Machine."

Don't know what is up with that, I have 21gigs free. Can't find any help for this situation.

Anybody have a clue what to do? Unable to run at all. Making Parallels Desktop pretty useless right now.

Thanks

2. w7ox

w7ox Hunter

The last line makes me think there is something you can do. Don't know what.

May relate to expanding VM disk option.

Try a search and a msg to Parallels support.

Phil

3. dmihlhauser

dmihlhauser Bit poster

upgrade no longer allows launch

I am having the same issue: 131 MB of free disk space remains in the /Users/dmihl file system. Guest operating system is unable to run until at least 512 MB free disk is available. Please free some disk space. I have 131 free according to the directory, but more on the hard disk itself. I might try creating another location and launching from there.